View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
How to you get shilled up on a snipe?

Memorabilia is volatile. Something that sells for $10 today could sell for $100 tomorrow could sell for $10 the day after that.

Tickets and stubs are a niche market. All depends on who's looking for something on a particular day.

I'd guess you were outbidding somebody previously and they upped their game knowing you might be in the mix on similar stuff.
*this*

I don't understand this either.

A snipe is a last second bid, you can't get shilled on a snipe. The only thing that could have happened on a snipe is that another bidder had a pre-existing high bid or another person had a high snipe also. In those cases the other person just also really wanted the card. This can't be shilling.

Shilling happens to those that bid before the end of the auction and a lower bidder throws incremental small bids in to try to find their max.

We all have likely gotten dinged by putting in a big snipe to win something. Hell, paid over 150 bucks for a 82' topps common doing this when someone else was doing the same thing...whoops

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.