View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snider4prez View Post
Hey Leon,

I have been hiding in plan sight right here on the board reading almost everyday. I have left the hobby but what do they say "the hobby never leaves you" This is a great board with a wealth of knowledge but this hobby is a little to aggressive for me.

I do love the T332 set. I was lucky enough to get the Nagy set and get as close to completion as anyone I know, with the help of the Dreiers amazing set. Alas the set was been sold after that. I hope it was kept together and is still getting worked on. This set has to go down as one of the hardest to complete.

All the best,
Trevor
Hi Trevor -

I believe there are at least three collectors with complete Helmar Stamp sets. I know of one board member who has one and another recently-deceased board member (RIP Brian Campf) that had one. In fact, Brian also had what is believed to be a complete set of the Helmar actresses as well. I'm around 90% complete at this point (baseball only) and I am hoping to finish the set in the next few years. There's gotta be an extra Cy Young floating around out there somewhere!

Regards, Derek

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 02-14-2017 at 11:33 AM.