View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:53 PM
J0hn Collin$

Default January pick ups.

After a brief lost-in-the-mail scare, this beauty finally arrived today. It won't break anything in the BVG record books, but is a solid mid-grade card with no creases, and (most importantly to me) wonderful bright color still. This card is on my top 10 list of all-time favorites, and though I've had several other copies over the years, they've all slipped away for one reason or another. Not this time. I did overpay a tad in my estimation, but this seems to be a card that's been on the uptick even in lower grade recently. I mentioned somewhere else in another thread - seems to me like Jackie's stuff has taken off a bit in comparison to 15-20 years ago. I think the higher-end stuff really escalating has started to have an effect on mid-grade as well.

Bonus! - the stray mark on the card visible in the yellow background immediately to the left of the "J" in Jackie's signature turned out to be a tiny fleck of what I think was wood - that was embedded behind the BVG holder plastic, and was inside the sleeve itself, but not attached to the card. After quickly making the decision to liberate the card - it disappeared. :-) I really wonder about QC with professional grading companies sometimes...

-John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-24-2017 at 03:01 PM.