View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Dave

I actually have a section on one of my boxing websites where I sell old boxing clippings. They are all from really off grade publications I have culled over the years from the thousands of boxing publications I've handled. I don't chop it up unless it's beat up already.

I price them pretty cheap (though some might disagree on what "cheap" means) based on the work and the labor I've put into the project, and it mostly serves genealogy collectors.

I often question whether it's worth my time and expense of putting a project like this together, but I really get a kick out of it when somebody contacts me who found a clipping of some long lost relative that they never knew existed.

Especially cool are the WWII era clippings from Ring Magazine that pictured soldiers who fought for their camp or units boxing teams. Had several people pick these up who had a father or grandfather who regaled them with stories of boxing during the War, but had no evidence other then this clipping they just found on my website through a search engine.

Something they would have never found looking just for full issues, because nobody is going to go through the trouble of going that deep into a magazine description.

No, they don't have "collectible" value, but they do have "collector" value, and definite "sentimental" value.