View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Paul S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
It seems pretty simple to me. He backed out of the deal he had agreed to after Dan did exactly what was asked of him and got the card graded. The grade didn't change anything about the card. It was the same card he had already agreed to buy and it was still the only one known. Whatever it graded was largely irrelevant. It just gave the guy an excuse to reneg. That's BS and I don't blame Dan a bit for telling the guy to F off. I would have too.
I'm not sure this is correct. Maybe I misread the article, but it seemed to me that the buyer was alleging that the photos Dan displayed of the card misrepresented the card's condition. The buyer never actually saw the card in person, and so was going by photos Dan had posted on eBay. I've seen complaints here all the time about eBay photos that are doctored to make a card's condition look better than it really is. I'm not saying that Dan did that. I don't know Dan, but everyone here seems to speak highly of him so I'm sure that isn't the case. I'm just saying that that seems to be what the dispute is about, whether the condition of the card is actually the same as it appeared in the photos.