View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
oooh, good call. I don't think anyone could insult me with an offer. It's not an emotional situation.
I can see both points of view. I have seen someone say they are taking offers on a 5 figure card and also say, please don't lowball me, or something like, "lowball offers will get no response". However someone wants to sell is up to them.

I guess a few other things are worth mentioning while we are here too (not aimed at you, Scott). If anyone posts 20+ threads, in a single day in one of the BST forums, expect some flack and pushback. There won't be rules to ensure common sense. Those issues will be taken as one offs.

I had a member tell me he didn't think he had made a deal on a $50 BST transaction, yesterday, when he told the other party "Let's do it". I asked him to help me understand how that wasn't a commitment?
That being said he didn't respond to multiple attempts by the other party to get ahold of him to consummate the deal afterwards. When I asked him about it 5 days after he said "Let's do it" (yesterday) he said it wasn't a big deal and big whoopdi-do. I let him know it is a big whoopdi-do, on this board, when you blow someone off on completing a deal OR AT LEAST communicating about it after it was done. He went onto tell me he has done over 100 deals on the board and all were great. I basically said "great, but why did you blow this other guy off on this deal?" After some more excuses and squirming the guy thought the other guy was wrong and I was wrong. I said thanks. Suffice it to say he is on a short leash. The whole thing reminded me of any issue where someone is blamed for something and their immediate response is "you can't prove it".....nuff said.

ps...after brief communications BBB is back on the BST, 25 of his 26 threads not so much

Last edited by Leon; 01-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.