View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

This was a double print high series. Yes, the high series are less common, but even so there was double the Mantles vs every other non-dp. It was also Mantle, so kids would have held tighter to a player like this in comparison to a Joe shablotnik.

I think as collectors we fall prey to being too closed minded and blind to the rest of the world. The collectors that grabbed these in the 60s, 70s and even 80s and left the collecting world are often blind to a small knowledge of grading and even if they know, could care less. I say one can only hazard a guess and there are far more than anyone thinks. If I could just wave a wand and find them, there should be at least 6000 survivors. There are likely more than people know of now sitting in closets in Florida retirement communities.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.