View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I did listen to you, Mike, since you collect from smack dab in this era. I took everyone's opinion into consideration.

I assume the corners and hardware are brass(?). Anyone got any ideas how to best remove the corrosion (best shown in the 4th photo of my second post)? I don't want them to shine necessarily, but I would like to remove some of the roughness. Here's a trunk restorer I found and plan to hit up for some free advice.

http://www.legacytrunks.com/

Check their before/afters and restoration photos!
If you have done business with or know the owner ignore this. "Free" advice is only free to the person getting it. Be upfront from the start that you are only looking for advice and offer to compensate them for that advice. Business owners see this way different than hourly workers. As a business owner I see free advice the same as someone walking into their local super market and asking for a free T-Bone. As a business owner we also hate being lied to and will sometimes give "free" advice that will cost you by screwing up your project/item intentionally.. Just a FYI. Nice trunk and good luck with the restoration.