View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
It certainly should have been.
Viola!!!!! A fantasy dream come true. Same with the 1934-36 Diamond Stars Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Joe DiMaggio. All produced by Art of the Game for the National Convention, ensconced by PSA!

You guys have all made swells picks, especially the T-206 Joe Jackson. I'll add:

T-3 of Joe Jackson and Joe Wood
T-206 Joe Wood
T-206 Colby Jack Coombs
1933 Delong Babe Ruth
1933 Delong Dizzy Dean (horizontal shot)
1933 Delong Mel Ott
1933 Delong Gabby Hartnett
1933 Delong Ted Lyons
1933 Delong Paul Waner
IS ANYONE ON HERE INFLUENTIAL FRIENDS WITH THE "LOVE OF THE GAME" FIRM THAT LOVINGLY FABRICATED THE 2013 CRACKER JACK BABE AND THE 2014 DIAMOND STAR BEAUTIES? It's not too early to present them with a grand idea for the 2017 National. Probably the best people to contact is Memory Lane Auctions, the firm that sponsored the CJ Ruth and this year's Lucky 7 Ty Cobb reprint. Boy, that Cobb was a honey in its serial-numbered /500 PSA case, and housed in the custom wood display box it came in---pure quality.

In conjunction with my E-book on a CD, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN, and with the help of an artist/computer graphic artist and a very conscientious print shop worker, I managed to create a couple post-war dream cards, with 2 versions of each:

1954 Wilson Franks Mickey Mantle
1954 Wilson Franks Jackie Robinson

I was extremely pleased with them. They were designed at precisely the correct size, with pastel color backgrounds, semi-gloss sheen, and period autographs with a fine point pen. I had a lot of fun writing the backside write-ups. Oh, and in small type on the backside is to be seen the year they were printed. A very fulfilling dream to complement my dream of writing a hobby book.

This topic pops up every once in awhile, and always seems to illicit some very heart-felt responses! ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 01-01-2017 at 07:11 PM.