View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 09:24 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Over the past couple of months I have watched in a muted amazement at the rollout of a seemingly inexhaustible supply of '52 Topps Mantles, 55T Clemente and Koufax cards from the big AH's, Heritage, REA, Goldin etc. I am no economist, but I have to wonder how long the demand side can keep until prices become inelastic and there is a severe correction. Or when does serious price inflation become a bubble? The wild price fluctuations on say the Clemente card over a short period looks suspicious but who knows. I just have a feeling that the heavyweight players are not that many in number, investors rather than collectors who could pull the plug on their holdings at any time if they become nervous or bored.
This has been discussed a number of times. There also could of been cards that were just undervalued for whatever reason. 6 months -a year ago ago there were many that said the hobby was dying...if they would of sold their rookie HOF cards from the 50s they would of regretted it.

Stock market is high as well right now and continues to grow higher and im sure people are saying similar things about that.

As i said before though, during the housing market crisis the waterfront properties kept a lot of their value. The 52 mantle is a waterfront property.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-24-2016 at 09:43 AM.