View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
The loan is long-term, and I put a dollar amount in insurance on each item in the unlikely event that an item(s) is lost, stolen, museum burns, etc., then I will be reimbursed that amount.
This reply is in no way meant to offend you, but you are hoping you get reimbursed and hoping you get your items back. Mainly reimbursed should something happen. This is just like buying insurance when you ship or have items lost or stolen. Talk to me after the fact. I would be very careful with what you donate or loan and have an explicit contract set up should something get damaged or stolen. There is a lot of assuming when it comes to things like this. I just got back a bunch of items I loaned to my local city museum for a sports exhibit they had for the last year. The items were not of huge value, but are very difficult to find. I went in knowing that there is a chance I will never see them again. Trust me and others, there are plenty of stories out there like the one Ben describes. Just my two cents and place that much worth on it