View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
I don't know about that Steve...there seems to be a large Canadian contingent that feels otherwise.

I get the feeling that not only are those bygone days of the Montreal Expos are both revered and greatly missed by their fan base.

I'm sure, however, they do not miss that stadium. As the previous home of the Olympics, Turner Field was much, much better than that place...just as Andre Dawson.

(personally, I'd rather have two teams in Canada than any in Florida)

Did I point out that the second card ALSO has Greg Maddux auto?

mtl
I think Turner Field worked because it only used part of the Olympic stadium.

I went to a baseball game and some of the track and field when I went in 96. (Track cycling, Basketball, and Field Hockey too)
I'd have to get the ticket stubs out, but baseball and track were probably on the same day. An interesting trivia thing, attending an event in 1 1/2 major league stadiums on the same day. Someday I'll have to find a way to get to Fenway and Nickerson on the same day.

That makes me wonder how many places that's possible?
Of course NY you can get to two full stadiums on the same day, but how many partial old stadiums are there? The other Boston stadiums are all long gone, but there are some fields near where the south end grounds were.

Tough choice between the two cards. The first is better looking, so If all things were equal I'd probably go for that one.

Steve B