Thread: Eddie Plank
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Bryan
Bryan Bossa.rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
It is the third rarest card in what is arguably the most popular, certainly the most popular prewar, set of all-time. You can only really compare plank to Wagner , Doyle, magie, and the polar bear demmitt and Ohara. With the Wagner and Doyle being scarcer. The fact that there are rarer prewar cards is irrelevant, look at all the Wagner's far rarer than the t206. It is a function of both supply and demand. The fact that Plank is a HOf lends some value but the bulk is due to its scarcity in such a hugely popular set. I don't find most other Plank issues to have a premium over comparable hall of famers.

I agree , but would argue that plank does have a premium over comparable HOFers....which just means we disagree on what tier of players he is comparable to.

Like Wagner , the star power makes this card more alluring. That probably has a not insignificant impact on price (though I of course agree that most of price is due to scarcity / set popularity ).

Guess all I'm saying is I think there's a lot of people that might be more interested in owning something rare/special if it also has added benefit of HOF status....so demand goes up a bit from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk