View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 12:42 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I participated in the last major Christie's auction back in 1998 of the Joe Jackson estate. I picked up a Joe Jackson signed document in that auction. A few years later Christie's was hit with a class action law suit for excessive fees in that auction primarily and I received a large settlement . That being said this auction is going to bring out many heavy hitters , and Christie's is going to be very careful not to get into another class action lawsuit . They require a credit card to participate and will charge your card for the winnings unless prior arrangements can be made and to weed out non-serious bidders. I have already talked to my bank concerning a credit line for this auction and i would make sound financial arrangements well before the auction because this auction will bring out many heavy hitters with deep pockets and some are not collectors but investors with money to burn for themselves or for their clients. I am aware of some bidders willing to go well into 6 figures for items.
My advice is to prep well for this auction and pick out several items to bid on and set limits because their fees are high also.
i feel that this auction is not for the hesitant bidder or novice collector....IT IS A BIG AUCTION packed with museum quality material and the clientele/bidders will emphasize that .

Last edited by Klrdds; 10-14-2016 at 12:44 PM.