View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I started in the early 80's. Dad would take my brother and I to shows and I was in heaven with all those cards. I'd read Beckett religiously and was amazed that the Mattingly rookies were so expensive! Seeing them in person at shows was awesome back then. I'd get packs at a local indoor flea market where one of the vendors was a baseball card dealer. I got my 1960 Topps Koufax from him for $8. Still have it in my set today. I'd buy boxes from him and just loved ripping them open. Of course, every year my parents would buy me the Topps factory set for Christmas. Got out in the early 90's when too many different sets were coming out and I didn't like the designs anymore. Then got back in during college when I got my first prewar cards and was hooked again. Twenty years later and I'm still just as hooked as ever.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here