View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I do think there is something to the forgettable name syndrome. Athletes like Troy Brown, Lee Smith, and Mike Scott are not remember to the degree they would have been had they had a name with more flair.

I think, though, that it is the fact that the T206 was near the beginning of Collins career. If all you want is a card with Eddie Collins on it, you can find them in issues all the way up to the Goudey's. In contrast there area relatively few Lajoie cards (as T206s were pretty near the end of his career) and many of them , outside of the T206, are very obscure and expensive.

Some valid points brought up in this thread. The Tinker/Evers/Chance combo and being with the Chicago Cubs. But here's one, "Home Run" Baker is actually a higher priced card than the Eddie Collins. Baker is just one card in the T206 set (like Collins), also played with the A's (like Collins) (not Boston or the Cubbies) and I would say his card is just an ordinary card (the action shot) .... also his career was relatively young around the 1909 season (again like Collins)

...But the stats and the numbers on the field are just laughable when comparing to Eddie "Cocky" Collins. Is there something about Home Run Baker I am missing?

Edit:: Actually, I do indeed notice that Baker does not have too many other cards issued besides the T206, so I guess that could have something to do with it.

Last edited by jasonc; 09-24-2016 at 02:28 AM.