View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:51 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Thanks to the members above who made such nice comments

Actually, I believe the '49 All Star Pennant is the rarer of the two. Both are scarce, but that '49 circular design is never seen. I've seen only one other, that was offered by Hunt Auctions. So if Jerry's example came from Hunt's, then that is the lone one.

Rob:
FWIW, I also admire Jerry's impeccable framing and presentation style (and actually prefer his to mine as well!) Nobody does it better than Jerry, and Board Members like "Mike H", "Scott G" and "Jester", just to name a few.

The reasons I do mine the way I do is three-fold...

1. I don't like to hand the pennants over to a third party Framer. Just my own OCD affliction... would much rather do the framing myself.

2. Double-matting them that way requires an adhesive (tape or glue) or using a micro-thin "fishing line". Something to hold the pennant firmly against the back mat. Even though experienced framers can do this virtually invisibly, I can't bring myself to tape the reverse or stitch through the actual pennant.

3. Cost.... By doing it all myself (with sectional frame components) I save at least $120 per pennant on framing. 50 framed pennants X $120 is over $6,000 I've saved in framing cost... that's more disposable money for pennants!

Alan:
Unfortunately, that A's Pennant is a Mitchell & Ness Repro

Last edited by perezfan; 09-18-2016 at 12:53 PM.