View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
I thought I was going to get an actual argument instead of just listing that in 21 seasons, he led the league in a few categories. I hope you realize that many of those years he was in an 8 team league, so 4th or 5th is average and all the others seasons you didn't list, he was also below average.

Range factor? Lol. That is real accurate. I would be curious how they come up that with basically no data. I will add this stat. Where as Dahlen averaged about 30 more assists per season than Tinker, his pitchers averaged over 100 less strike outs per season. Do you think all those balls that never made it in play are the reason why Dahlen had more chances? I doubt that Dahlen had better range than Davis, Tinker or Wallace, he just made a lot more errors.
Many of those years he was also at the top playing one of the hardest positions on the field.

Also, I don't think they just made up range factor out of nowhere either.

Almost everything I see suggests how great of a defender Dahlen was, and I would take his bat over two of those three shortstops, with Davis the exception.