View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
So you want me to tell an African American woman with 4 sons that live and have lived their entire lives in Ferguson. Some one that lived and breathed all of it through the eyes of a Ferguson resident with black skin, that she is wrong about what she encounters everyday because you read an article that said otherwise? I gave her perspective as someone living it, not a bias opinion based on political beliefs or anything else. As she said to me "if it was really that bad, I am sure with 4 black sons I would have heard something by now."

I know, as does she, what the DOJ report reads. Again her opinion is that it is more about the way the people conducted themselves rather than the color of their skin. I am sorry but as a white male I will not argue with a widowed black woman with 4 sons living through all this daily that she doesn't know what she is talking about and that she is being racially profiled.
Reading Packs's reply reminded me of the time in the 1970s at a meeting of the RMS Titanic Historical Society when Ruth Becker, who survived the sinking as a child, was addressing the attendees, and told them how she had witnessed Titanic break in two before sinking. Almost immediately, one of the Titanic "experts" seated next to her grabbed the microphone away from her and announced that she only thought she had seen the ship break in two; it had actually sunk intact, and Becker was mistaken. Becker grabbed the microphone back and told him "I was there". About ten years later, the wreck was discovered in two pieces.