View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Brad W.

This is an old topic, but Illustrated Current News posters have caught my attention. I purchased a few for my Hack Wilson collection. As I researched them, it's amazing to me that they span a 70-year period (1915-1984), have hundreds of baseball subjects, and yet have never been cataloged.

I contacted the Marlin company, which produced them, and they do not have a checklist of all subjects issued. Over 11,000 ICN posters were created over the years. The person I spoke to said they do have albums of posters at their Connecticut headquarters, but no lists.

So I've started creating a checklist of those posters that have baseball subjects. So far the list has 176 entries from posters I've found on the web and through Columbia City Collectibles list. I've tried improving on that list by correcting errors and adding published dates and the titles of the posters. Any poster that has a title listed I have seen with my own eyes. The others are from Columbia City's list.

http://www.baseballcardstars.com/ill...ent%20news.pdf

If anyone has any information - either posters not on the list or information that is missing from list entries - I would greatly appreciate it if you contact me!

Last edited by gracecollector; 09-01-2016 at 10:53 AM.