View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 PM

Default Ticket grading

You are misinformed or just haven't seen enough tickets to know. The grading is actually pretty consistent by PSA in tickets. What is tough is that they grade the tickets just like the baseball cards. TICKETS ARE RARE... Very few remain in good shape. I always care about the grade if it is a three or higher, that is a beautiful vintage ticket. Newer tickets, I really don't care (meaning I don't value an 8 more than a ten, but very few others do). I have submitted thousands of tickets to PSA. I have also sold thousands ungraded. I am not submitting these tickets because I think they are not real. I am submitting them so they can be sold at auction, displayed with what happens at the game i.e. Historic games are nice to have on the flip. (True tickets graded authentic may have been able to receive a numeric grade but they also may have been trimmed with scissors)

An example of the importance of the flip would be the 1921 World Series. 95% of you reading this are historians but wont know what happened in games 1-5. Two of those games are worth way more than the other games. If they were in a holder even my 12 year old son could figure out which two games are the most valuable.
The poster was correct on slabbing the called shot ticket. Now 100% of the population knows what happened in that game when they look at the ticket instead of less than 20% of the population.