View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I didn't realize that MBA auctions had a rep at the Roadshow. I wonder if that's how they came into the Clarence Steen autograph collection they auctioned last year. I would really love to hear the story behind that collection. Who owned it, and how they came to own it.

edited to add: I went to the roadshow about 10 years ago and Simeon Lipman looked at my baseball cards....I had about 10 Old Judge Omaha players, I don't recall what he valued them at. I also took some very rare Kruschev and Mao bobbleheads that I wanted Ted Hake to look at, but I unfortunately got some lady who damn near broke the Kruschev, she started shaking it to make the head bobble and when I say shaking it, I mean violently. I think my jaw hit the table...I snatched it back and told her not to touch it again. She told me it was worth 10 bucks. I told her she was waayyyy off and I asked for Ted Hake. He unfortunately couldn't make the trip to Omaha. I sold the Kruschev and Mao nodders for about $2,000 on the Nodder Exchange a few years later.
I don't know of Clarence Steen but I'm not surprised by your nodder story. Sometimes, we know more than them. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm probably more versed in SF Giants stuff than they. That said, I was pleased they liked my stuff!