View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks again, Brian.

Pins were received yesterday and some are on the way to Big D too, so I can disburse some that members have requested. I found this one (below) from an earlier year too.....I have yet to see the finished product of the new ones....They will be at the National booths 661 and 760.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacktrack View Post
Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, for the last four years Leon has distributed Net54Baseball pins for free at his table during the National. Chris "Bubba" Lamb (peterose4hof) has generously produced and donated them to the board each year. This year, since Leon is not attending the Atlantic City show, Robert Edward Auctions will have the pins available for board members all week (while supplies last) at the National at booths 661 and 760. This is the first National at which we've ever had a table, so we'd like to meet as many board members as possible and put faces with names of the collectors who have enjoyed our auctions for many years.

With that said, in order to have pins made, we need a design that Chris can work with. Past pins have been based off cards (Goudey Ruth and D304 Cobb, for example), while last year's was the Sgt. Pepper/Hall of Famers design. Understanding that there will likely be many suggestions floated out, we'd like to see if one gains more support than another in the coming days. If it looks like a consensus of some sort has been reached, we'll move forward with that design; if not, we'll come up with one that will look great. Our goal here is just to continue the tradition that many board members have enjoyed for the last several Nationals.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone suggests!

Brian
Robert Edward Auctions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cobbpin.jpg (46.4 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by Leon; 08-02-2016 at 07:30 AM.