Thread: eBay auctions
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Larry

You would think that when a seller has 10-15 people watching an item (can you say BVG Metropolitan Studios Dizzy Dean rookie?), with only a BIN, that the seller would realize the asking price is out of line with the card, due to condition issues (significant paper loss on the front of the Dean card) or otherwise (the Dean rookie has been reprinted, and I don't know how good the reprints are). At that point, the reasonable conclusion should be that the faithful watchers are waiting for the item to be put up for auction, but instead of doing that, the seller just relists it for the same price endlessly, month after month. Just seems quite clear that someone doesn't get it. Same with the 1954-56 Spic and Span Aaron--an "8" went in the $800.00 range at auction very recently (admittedly, it was somewhat dark in tone), and the seller keeps listing and relisting a "6" for $1499.00, over and over and over and over...Enough already! Put it up for auction and let's see what these items are actually worth!

Just my 25 cents worth,

Larry

PS: I will buy a really rare item I've been searching for which I believe is overpriced at the BIN if the price is in the right ballpark, though perhaps in the bleachers rather than the box seats behind the plate.

Last edited by ls7plus; 07-20-2016 at 04:12 PM.