View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 05:37 AM
Phil Garry

Leon:

Sorry to see this happen to you.

While I agree that the seller could have packaged better, let's take a look at this from the angle of keeping shipping costs down, which always seems to be a bone of contention for many on this board, especially as it pertains to auction house transactions.

While shipping costs may seem excessively high some times and occasionally are, many times this can be attributed to triple boxing the item for protection, meaning that the final package may be 3 or 4 times larger than it "needs to be", not to mention heavier. I have been the recipient of these types of packages from various auction houses many times over the years and they always arrive damage-free.

Maybe in an effort to keep his buyer's costs down due to complaints of overcharging for shipping, the seller had to be more "economical" and not go as far to ensure "damage-proof" packaging. I'm not sure if the seller offered free shipping or not for this transaction, but if they did, the less costly method of packaging probably enables them to do so and most times, everything will arrive to the buyer without damage. Buyer is happy with this up front but suffers in the end if damage occurs.

I'm not defending the seller's shipping methods, just putting a different perspective on it.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 07-17-2016 at 05:39 AM.