View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Jeremy K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Frankly if you've been on this board long enough and you don't heed the warnings in regards to certain sellers than you deserve everything you get.

I am not willing to bid on my own items therefore I would not do as well in PWCC.

Its really baffling to me that people are impressed with their prices.

Watch a movie called "Exit Through The Gift Shop". A fantastic doc that eventually shows how perception and public ignorance are a bad mixture when purchasing vanity items.
I just had two items end last night which I consigned to PWCC. One was low dollar and brought and half of what I'd been hoping for. The other was a higher end complete set which brought nearly $2,000 more than I had expected. I am extremely impressed with that price and now firmly believe that Brent and Co have a dedicated following that are willing to ante up and pay for a comfort level and professionalism that can not otherwise be found on ebay.

Do people shill their material? Undoubtedly. Does it occur as frequently as it is made out to? I doubt that. I didn't do it.

Quality material sells itself. Those who want it are discerning by nature and I am not at all surprised they would choose to work with one ebay seller over others whom remain essentially anonymous. I would wager that even the most prominent board members here would be unknown to a significant number of world class collectors who never stumble upon this forum. It is far more likely that they find PWCC on ebay than net54baseball.com. No knock on net54, just pointing out how much bigger the pool of buyers is than any of us could grasp.

Last edited by balltrash; 07-15-2016 at 08:16 PM.