View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Leon, in my opinion this is totally on the sender. I've sent hundreds of packages through the years using all carriers and have never once had the recipient receive a damaged package. I yet to see anyone who packages stouter than I.

Going in, if a seller is sending something as fragile as this and doesn't take the precaution to package it up with more than a piece of cardboard knowing darn well these things get tossed around by not only people, but machines as well puts the blame solely on them.

Now if this item were to have been packaged like a Sherman tank yet still arrived damaged it would be a different story. Not the case here though.

My two cents.....
I hear ya' Tony. The seller offered a refund, and seems like a nice guy, but I told him I thought it was more on the USPS so I would just keep it..... ...He said he sends photos out like this all of the time and this is the first time it's happened? Still quite flimsy when I got it and my heart kind of went into my stomach when I saw the package with the USPS person explaining it's damage. And I knew it was like crying over spilled milk. It's akin to when you do something really stupid and you can't undo it...and it's going to cost you. It's that sinking feeling ...except I didn't do anything to get this feeling. So I am over it....another day.

**edited to add, the seller said he is sending 25 bucks back since I am keeping it....it's all good I just wish it didn't happen. And this won't be in the top "1 millionth worst" thing to ever happen to me so it's not that bad.

Last edited by Leon; 07-15-2016 at 06:16 PM.