Thread: Clown on ebay
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
People have been mistrusting PSA slabs for a long time and it has not hurt the registry or prices...it is that concept of something being too big to fail, I guess. In spite of all of their issues I would take a PSA graded card over a Beckett graded card every time. When I see a vintage card in a Beckett holder I immediately start looking for the alteration.
Not trying to get in a back and forth, but like Leon I find their grading more standard than PSA. I can lay 3 PSA cards with the same midgrade next to each other and they will often look nothing alike. The Becketts will often stay fairly steady.

As for alterations, I have seen many people send a card that BVG or SGC deemed altered given a number by PSA. They all have slip ups and I don't believe that BVG is any worse than the one company that holdered the most famous trimmed card in the world. I don't pledge allegiance to any of them but I like the BVG case for security, that's the main plus to me.

I agree, PSA absolutely sells for a premium and if I was a seller I would use it for the return. However, I am a collector and really enjoy getting what I like at a better price because some stock broker who just wants a card for his desk pays 4x average sale for a brand he recognized more.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.