View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 12:12 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Your assumptions are showing. Please show me where the OP indicated that the card was or was not damaged in shipping? Obviously he tore the card, but if the card was already damaged (bent, creased, wrinkled, dinged) due to poor shipping, all he did was make matters worse to problem made by poor shipping. Again, had he NOT torn the card, there is no evidence that has been provided either way as to whether or not the card was damaged prior to opening the package.
Any damage caused by the poor packaging, which would include any damage prior to the package ending up in the OP's hands, would be the responsibility and fault of either the seller or the carrier, and because of the poor packaging I would put that 100% on the seller and zero on the USPS.

Any damage after the card was in possession of the OP is his responsibility.

Had this been me, I would have, first, carefully opened the package without ripping the card. Noting the poor packaging, I then would've examined the card very carefully to see if there was any damage because of that. Had there been, I would've asked for a partial refund commensurate with the damage.

We have been given limited details and no pictures to go on. The OP mentioned no other damage to the card so that isn't the issue at hand. The issue is whether or not he is responsible for his own actions of ripping the card.