View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Your argument that the card arrived safely so it's the buyer's fault is just plain ridiculous! It was the seller's negligence that caused the card to get ripped. Had the card been packaged properly, it wouldn't have ripped.

Let's say you take your car to the quick lube place for an oil change. They drain the old oil, replace the oil filter, fill the engine with new oil, but forget to replace the oil cap. A week later you blow the engine because all the oil came out through the oil fill and the engine had no lubrication. You expect the quick lube place to do something about it, but they tell you, "Well, it was full of oil when it left".

That's basically what you're telling the OP. No, the quick lube place would be responsible. It doesn't matter that it was full of oil when it left or that you drove it and blew all the oil out, it was their negligence that caused it to happen. Same case with the card. It was the sellers negligence that caused it to happen.
I think it's more like I handed you something that was wet and you then took a step and dropped it. You're pointing your finger at me because it was wet but I'm saying it was right in your hand.