View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Curt

I didn't read any of the replies yet, but I shared something similar to this on another board and the overwhelming response was that it was mostly my fault. Considering how the shipper packaged my item, I disagreed, but I was not fishing for excuses or sympathy, merely looking for how others felt.

That said, I think that any decent seller should package an item that should prevent damage in most normal circumstances during shipping and that includes stuffing something into the smallest possible envelope that it will fit in, taping the living crap out of it and then basically forcing the buyer to cut it open!

Anything shipped loose in a mailer w/o a semi rigid sleeve (at a MINIMUM) is negligent, especially when condition matters. It also doesn't cost much or anything to team bag a single card or tape the top of a holder to prevent an item from sliding out.

If anyone cares for comparison, my item was an 8x10 brochure type item that was mailed "loose" in a thin padded mailer. It had absolutely no room to move, because the mailer was just large enough to fit the item tightly. I think it may have even been slightly taller than the mailer inner edge, so that the flap needed to be folded oddly to close it, but I can't remember now. I tore across the upper 1/2 or so of corner of the envelope, not expecting my item to fill that area that is normally empty in 98% of the packages I receive. I tore a 1/4" x 1' strip off the corner of the item. It was low dollar, but was a Garvey item I needed.

I take partial responsibility for my actions, as I could have opened it up several different ways, but had the seller given any amount of thought into shipping this item "correctly", the damage I inflicted would never have had a chance to occur.

Last edited by mrmopar; 06-11-2016 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling errors corrected