View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post
+1. IMHO, the big bucks spenders are NOT purchasing for investment--money is the least of their concerns. They are buying legitimately desirable items, are not concerned with cost, and are simply trying to put together the very best collections possible for purposes of pride and enjoyment.

Happy collecting,

Larry
You either haven't been reading the board or didn't understand what has been plainly said, imo. They ARE purchasing for investment.
Put a very high grade '52 Mick out there or a T206 Wags....or many, many of the high grade HOF rookies and there are a LOT of investors.. not buying for collecting and unfortunately they barely know what they are buying except pieces of paper in plastic. The cards are almost secondary to some....AND NOT for enjoyment.

A board member investor who has shown hundreds of thousands of $$ in cards on this board asked another board member, privately yesterday, what a flip was. Not quite a collector I would say.... But maybe what ALL of my friends in the hobby are telling me is wrong. (and many see who is bidding as they are auctioneers) Don't be foolish, there are a ton of investors in the hobby right now.

ps. Congrats on the CJ Bob...

Last edited by Leon; 06-11-2016 at 07:37 AM.