View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Bill Gregory

There's nothing narrow-minded about his comments. The high end baseball card market is extremely volatile. The prices are going through the roof right now. That trend isn't going to continue forever. What goes up, invariably, will go down. When you consider, too, the amount of market manipulation that is present in our hobby, I just can't see how anybody would be so cavalier. Realizing that, the inherent risk is palpable. If you choose to bet big, more power to you. You may make a lot of money. But don't for a second think your gains are the result of sound financial rationale.

Comparing high end baseball cards to commodities is wildly inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickitup View Post
I am confused? let me get this straight... since the dollar amounts are beyond what you are comfortable spending, trading high end cards should be considered gambling?

Most of the time, I certainly don't begrudge anyone for having more or less money than me, nor do I question their motives or reasons for doing what they do. However, when you say things that are this narrow minded, it makes me understand perhaps why you have less than me and probably always will.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.