View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
If I had to guess, I would think that no one who reponded to my post is a veteran. If you have any interest in the perspective of veterans like me, you may wish to read this..........

https://joebrunoonboxing.wordpress.c...is-not-a-hero/

If not, that's fine.

It takes as much if not more of a hero to stand up for what you believe in when virtually all oppose you and face the consequences than it does to play follow the leader without even considering the bigger picture.

Heroes can stand out FROM a crowd as well as IN a crowd.

I know a lot of veterans and live next to one of the largest military installations in the world, but it does not keep me from being an independent thinker.

I consider myself a conservative and revere what many veterans have sacrificed, but not all of them are heroes...or even good people (and that's before and after their service) ...so, again...independent thinking is the way to see things in proper perspective.

Radical views in either camp (conservative and liberal) are neither valid nor healthy in either the short or the long run.

...and Heroes come in all shapes, sizes, races, and religons...so take the blinders off and see things as they should be.

Raymond Culpepper
in Columbus, GA next to Fort Benning

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente