View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I know these are technically post 1980, but these are from the 1984 Chicago Tribune Cubs Scrapbook set. For years I thought I had a complete set of 32, four sheets of 8 cards issued over 4 different days, which was 31 players and a header card. I was always puzzled why they didn't include Steve Trout, who was their second best starting pitcher that year. When I noticed that DaClyde mentioned that the Chicago Tribune Archives were now online, I figured I would try to find out exactly which days these were printed. I found the four sheets that I have which were printed on September 5, September 7, September 13, and September 19, but lo and behold, there was also a four card half sheet printed on October 2, which included Trout and three other Cubs. So now I have to search for those four along with the July 4, 1980 Chicago Tribune page with the Rick Reuschel/Britt Burns Scrapbook photos.
Luckily, I found the four I needed on a Buy-It-Now on eBay a couple of months ago. I still need the July 4, 1980 Chicago Tribune page with Rick Reuschel/Britt Burns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tribune 1.jpg (77.8 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg Tribune 2.jpg (77.8 KB, 262 views)