View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:27 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumeleno View Post
The answer to your question is probably what do you anticipate more of - set collectors or people browsing? I can't answer that but usually if I would bargain hunt in $1-$5 boxes, I'd purely be looking for good value.

I haven't done that in years but I think you run a better chance of finding people doing what I used to do rather than finding set collectors and actually having what they need.
In addition, I think it depends on the type of material you have. If it is nicer condition, then you'll probably want them to be a bit more organized. If it's mid-lower grade condition, then you'll be catering to the bargain hunters, and they enjoy a good hunt, providing there are bargains to be found. (Personally, I fall under both categories, LOL).

Similarly, if it's 50s-70s Topps (for example), there will be a lot of seller competition there so you'll need to provide additional incentive to buyers (better organization, better prices, or something). If it's older or odd-ball stuff, then you'll need to draw attention to that somehow.