View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Bill Gregory

My pick would be single season saves. 62 seems high, but I could see that being broken.

As for Ryan's seven no hitters, there are guys pitching right now that have been really close to a lot of no hitters. Clayton Kershaw, for example, has had some terrible luck. He's only had one no hitter, he's had five other starts of at least seven innings where he allowed only one hit. He's just a ridiculously good pitcher--a 2.09 ERA over the past six seasons. The thing working against him, and other modern pitchers, is the modern game, itself. With the high rate of arm injuries, pitchers aren't allowed to get complete games, even when they're dominating. Teams are too worried about pitch counts now. But Kershaw has the stuff, and the command, where I predict he gets at least two more no hitters before his career is done. Since the start of the 2015 season, he's struck out 13 or more seven times--in 41 starts!

The frightening thing about Kershaw is that he's getting better.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.