View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
So there is no actual book here? Just a DVD with a PDF on it?
Good afternoon. Thanks for the kind words. It means a great to me coming from youse guys.

Wow, it did take a long time to complete and get to the place of being ready to sell to you all, but, I suppose it's the same as collecting these brutally tough gems I wrote about. They played "hard to get" right from the get-go. I wrote my book as one collector to another collector. I wrote to enlighten, entertain, and inspire you about these delectable, choice items.

This book was difficult to get published, right from the get-go. Since McFarland Publishing had never done a baseball card book, they were very hesitant, and finally ignored Tom and I. I guess they must think there isn't any interest in a book about vintage baseball cards. Tom and I turned to Amazon.com's self-publishing arm, Create-Space. As we looked closely at the parameters of what they offer, you could choose either all basic reading paper, at about $47 a book, with no profit added. Or, you may choose all picture-quality paper at about $75 smackers a pop; again, no profit has been added for me.

So, the few but dazzling photos would look absolutely crummy, and the whole thing still cost close to $50; again, with no profit. The photos would look gorgeous on their photo paper, as would the reading matter. How many of you chaps would bristle at a price tag of $75 for a book, without me making a penny?

Seriously. Can you imagine?

Then one day last year, the thought occurred to me of Krause's Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards. They do it as the thick softcover, or on a CD.

Viola.

The same firm that does the Krause Standard Cat on CD did my NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. You read it by inserting the CD into the disc drive of your computer tower or laptop. At close to 480 pages, dual-page formatted to resemble an opened book, and bookmarks off to the side to take you to any entity of the book instantly, it looks super on the computer. There's approximately 32 mostly-color photos; they all look smashing.

Housed in a quality black DVD case, it gives the appearance of a small book.

Believe me, you're getting a LOT for your $30. Postpaid, sent to you first class mail.

I'm just so happy and thankful to God it is done and ready now to sell.

Again, I thank you all for your good wishes. Take care and have a swell weekend.

---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 05-13-2016 at 12:20 PM.