View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Thats right, it was regarding the number of retractions a bidder has that he said he doesn't see. Either way with 10k listings in monthly auctions it would be hard to monitor the bidding history and patterns for them all. If we are concerned as a community about shilling in his auctions and others I still say it's a good idea to take him up on his offer to look into to any suspicious activity reported to him. As big as his business has gotten any time I have reached out to him he has responded personally in a timely manner.
Like Jake, I can see that Brent can do no wrong with you either, which is fine. I am not saying Brent is doing wrong but it is his business and there are things he can do, 10,000+ listings a month or not, to make sure the integrity of his listings are not compromised. If people want to protect their consignments or establish false market values by bidding up their consignments, they will find a way to do that with Brent taking all the steps he can to ensure it does not happen. My gut tells me there is not a whole lot of incentive to do so and so far absolutely no consequences should steps not be taken to keep the listings clean. Brent makes money and gets future consignments, eBay makes their cut and collectors get the cards they want so it is a win win even if they are paying far more than the card would have otherwise sold for.