View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Bobby, Pete is just joking (I think!). I think auction houses usually ship faster to buyers who have many years of proven payments to them. I remember in the past for Legendary, if you had something like 4-5 auctions where your check cleared without problems, they would ship once they received your payment without waiting for your check to clear. I'm assuming REA takes that to another level with buyers who have an even longer record of purchases (especially higher dollar) from them. In addition, some of these folks may have had large consignments with REA in the past. (Not speaking for REA, just wildly guessing)
I have dealt with REA for 6 years. My first invoice was in 2010. If that isn't long enough, then I apologize. Actually, I want to say it is longer than that. I was looking on their site, and the invoices only go back to 2010, but I could have swore it's been longer than that, because that same year also has a consignor statement, and I know I was buying from them long before I consigned anything to them.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 05-08-2016 at 07:14 AM.