View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
If I won, I was considering one of these if, Graig hadn't painted it already?

Tons of choices out there but it would be a great feeling knowing whatever you pick is going to be put to canvas by Graig.
I like your style Irv!

Perhaps not a surprise to some, I am looking to ask Graig to paint a Toronto Blue Jays image. I grew up in Toronto and have been a Jays fan for 40 years (my Dad took me the team's first ever game in 1977 - i will post pics of my ticket stub and program when my belongings arrive); and worked at the SkyDome/Rogers Centre for over 15 years.

I love baseball. If it's Miami at Milwaukee - and I'm in town - I'm there! Slugfests, pitchers duels, extra innings, Spring Training....love it! I love the sights and sounds, the smells, the cadence of the game and the history.

While there are dozens of paintings of Graig's that I would be humbled to own and each portraying a subject from the pantheon of baseball - Ruth, Aaron, Gerhig, Robinson, Mays - amazing, but when I ask myself these questions - "Can I have a Yankee/Red Sox on my wall and enjoy it?" or "What connection do I have to Mathewson or Cobb?" - I answer "no" and "very little". I know that it may not be a popular choice - but it has to be a Blue Jay. Best part? Graig is into it too!

I have a short list and would love to hear the board's feedback. If you know of any other angles of these images pls share. Likewise if you think Dave Stieb's no-hitter should be considered - I'm all ears. If you hate the idea, that's OK too. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Joe Carter ends the 1993 WS with one swing. I was there!

Devo's Catch in Game 3 of 1992 WS (it was a triple play and I don't care what the umps said!). To note: I own the jersey Devon was wearing

Bell clinched the first AL East Pennant in '85 (missed this game but was at Game 7 of the ALCS - damn you Jim Sundberg)

Bautista's Flip - 2015 ALDS. I know, a lot of people think he disrespected everyone including the Pope, but I and many of my fellow Jays fans see it clearly as a cathartic wiping away of 22 years of playoff drought. Also, I collect Jose specifically and have a jersey, bat, and 75% of his career HR game tix)

Let me hear ya!

Last edited by baseball tourist; 05-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.