View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:03 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Why do discussion about shipping expenses sound more like political or religious arguments? It is amazing how polarizing something as simple as sending a package in the mail can be.

I think that the answers should be pretty simple:

1. If the shipping cost is clearly noted and reasonable care and effort warrants the cost, then reasonable feedback should be left.

2. If the shipping cost is clearly noted and less than reasonable care or effort was made, then stars should be dinged.

3. If the shipping cost was misrepresented, no responsible care or effort was taken or the packaged arrived in a less than desirable manner, then negative feedback should be left to alert and warn other potential buyers.

What is a reasonable price for shipping falls back into specific personal opinion, but I think that trying to figure out if someone is making a couple of pennies on shipping and then grabbing a pitchfork, torch and a noose might be a little extreme. After all, the seller is still responsible for the item arriving to you safely and in the condition advertised, and with that responsibility comes an assumed risk that very few buyers consider.

Shipping or including personal or business materials in a package is an expense that need not be passed on to the seller, however.

So, to answer the question raised by the OP, if you know the rules in advance, and the seller delivers as expected, I don't believe a negative is in order. However, I don't see anything wrong with making a statement on the: "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?" section by leaving fewer than 5 stars.

Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com