View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Billy, you missed my point...I agree with most of what you said...I know Graig, as well as own an example of his work (which is fantastic). I always love seeing the progress and process of his paintings, as they unfold. I'd LOVE to see that here as well, if Chris is willing to have that shared with us.

My point was, the selection process is something very special and personal (and potentially private). It can be overwhelming to have hundreds (literally) of opinions flying in about what to have Graig paint...THAT part of it, IMO, is the special and very personal part...If he choses to open that up to the board, cool, but I was just warning him that they'll be tons of opinions, and I'm not so sure I'd want that if it were me.

ETA: The raffle was a lot of fun, and a very cool thing for Graig & you to do. Thank you for organizing.
I appreciate what you are saying and also what Bill has illustrated about being inclusive and transparent as well.

I expect to get some thoughtful comments and great suggestions and believe that I will raise some eyebrows with at least one of my options under consideration(pls see my next post for more on that). I look forward to it all
and after having had a great conversation with Graig I am even more determined to pick a subject that resonates with me and one that I will enjoy each and every time I view it.