View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 06:06 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Most of the cards I sell go to comc.com instead of eBay. Their vintage area is growing, but still small. However, they provide some nice benefits:
1) All cards are BIN/BO (sellers have to activate the Best Offer feature).
2) Cards can be crossposted to Amazon.com for better access to a group of buyers.
3) No shipping costs until you actually take delivery of a card, then bulk shipping rates. Can send home 10 or 1,000 cards in one shipment for a $3* fee. (Presuming you bought all cards in normal mode)
4) Find a card on site at a great price and want to resell? Costs almost nothing (just a penny a month for cards listed over a $1 until it sells), and no shipping cost/submission fee to get it listed because it's already there.
5) Ability to buy cards in bulk (through port sales) and turn a profit to buy better cards with, again with almost no fees if you purchase other cards on site.
6) All transactions are done with "store credit" so the only PayPal transactions you get are the ones where you request money to be sent to your account.
7) Once cards are in their warehouse, they do all the finding, shipping, and insurance for you. No driving to post offices and standing there until you make sure the employee scans your package to satisfy eBay.
8) Super low rate of returns. I think I've only had two cards returned out of thousands sold, and those were $2 and $6 or something.

And their 20% cash out fee to deposit funds is pretty low when you figure eBay is 13% and you have to do all the work.
There are just better/different places to sell vintage than eBay.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.