View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 05:11 AM
Mattias Hult

Default Auto & memorabilia from lesser known player. And triple crown, what did it look like?

First, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm trying to get hold of an autograph and/or other memorabilia that belonged to Eric Erickson who played in the PCL and the majors (San Francisco Seals, New York Giants, Detroit Tigers, Washington Senators) during 1914-1922.

After a couple of years fine combing the internet I still haven't seen anything.

Erickson is inducted in the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame.
Is it a good idea to contact them to see if they have any suggestions about where to find this?

What about contacting his living relatives, grandchildren etc. is this something that is recommended?

I'm not familiar with what is consider good or bad etiquette in these matters over in America
(I am Swedish, and a big baseball fan. This is also the reason for my interest in Erickson. He was born in Sweden)

I suppose it is different from person to person how such a request would be met, as it is here.

Basically I'm wondering what you guys;- who seem to have massive experience with these things - think I should do...

Also, another question.
In 1917, Erickson was awarded the PCL triple crown. I've been trying to find a picture of this trophy (if there even is one given, or if it is just a title given)
But I can't seem to find that.

Does anyone here know what such a trophy looked like, or even know of a picture of one? it would be great to see one!

Well met.

/Mattias