View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Ne@l K

Default Paying a premium over VCP and SMR

I have noticed, besides Mantle, that many HOF players have been selling for a lot more than VCP, and certainly more than SMR - which I have always viewed as solid bathroom reading material.

That said, there have been a few cards over the years that I have paid a little extra ... maybe $300 for a card that normally is $250, just to give an example.

I am not or have ever been concerned about future/present value when it comes to adding a choice example for the grade. Centering, print issues, corners, etc. all come into play for me personally, and I will pay more for it. Sometimes a whole grade higher.

Does anyone else feel this way? I talk to a few collectors from time to time and they are starting to see my point. One of my buddies is very strict when it comes to "VCP price" and disagrees with my thoughts. To him, a PSA 6 is a PSA 6. To me, there is often a world of difference ...

I would like to hear some other collectors opinion. Thanks in advance.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others

Last edited by Neal; 04-17-2016 at 08:08 AM. Reason: -