View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Leon -- thanks for the words of encouragement.

Ted -- for starters, can you remind me of the history behind you having Ames as a AB460 no-print whereas Tim and Jim list him as confirmed? (If there is a history, that is).

Thanks.
Scot

OK, here's the history regarding the Ames (hands above head) card......
Approx. 10 years ago, when Bill Brown created his "super-set" Excel diagram, Tom Botticelli inputted to Bill the Ames (hands above head) card with an AB 460 back.

During that time period, I ran a long-term survey on AB 460 cards (since, I was working on completing an AB 460 run). And in 2010, I posted my AB 460 survey on
Net54 which included Ames as confirmed with this back (even though I questioned it)..

In Dec 2011 when "T206resource" was posted on Net54, Ames was on their list of confirmed AB 460 cards. I strongly doubt that they found such a card (most likely
they copied my list).

In 10 years of collecting AB 460 cards, I've never seen an Ames / AB 460 card. Furthermore, David Hall (whose master T206 set approaches 5000 cards, has never
seen this Ames.

As far as I'm concerned (as indicated in my 1st post in this thread) the fact that this Ames card has recently been verified with the SWEET CAP 460 Factory#42 back
absolutely verifies that this Ames card will NEVER be found with an AB 460 back. The AB 460 backs and the SC 460 (Factory #42) backs are mutually exclusive.

I fully expect that Ames (hands above head) will eventually be found with the red HINDU back.

That's my story, my good friend.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 04-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.