View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Faust III View Post
To the respected gentleman from Northern Wisconsin. I cannot name a price here because this is not the B/S/T.

I am though, looking for your many collective years of wisdom as to how I should handle this card and this group of cards out of the same filing cabinet collection that has been in the dark for 40+ years.

Many kind people have commented in this thread regarding the contents within but I am still looking for advice.

I am at a critical dilemma. I firmly believe not to plaster scans of this card all over the worldwide web. I also believe in not attaching it to any emails. It must be kept in complete confidentiality for the future buyers sake. He may have and may want every single T206 in his collection to be a pre-internet virgin. Do you get what I am trying to say or convey here?

Now let's talk about pricing. No price will be mentioned here but I will use two examples to make my point.

Let's assume that you think that I have some wisdom about T206 and their values. Let's also assume that I am not conscienceless (unscrupulous). I know, they always say to never assume but in this example; let's assume.

I first pose this question: What would today's value of an undiscovered T206 be worth? I am not saying whether this is or is not an undiscovered T206. Let's say that his last name, team and league designation appear on the T206.

Are we talking 2 mil, 1 mil, half a mil, 100k etc? If I told you that I wanted 1 mil for it, would you then assume that it is an unknown T206 just discovered? Keep in mind that I am unscrupulous (meaning not out to take advantage of anyone at any cost).

If I asked $8k for it, would you then assume that it is a T206 that is known already?

Do you believe that we are the only life-forms that exist? If your answer to this particular question is almost certainly No; then you must believe that there are more T206; there has to be!
Be careful whom you call respected. I hope you can back that up.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.