View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 08:42 PM

Default Odd T206

I am looking for some serious advice regarding a strange T206 that I have in my collection. As I also enjoy humor; I would prefer serious comments with ideas in how I can proceed forward to find the best future home for this particular card(s).

For starters, I do not need to sell this card and would prefer to keep it in my collection though I have 3 1/2 years left on a huge alimony payment that haunts me and will continue to haunt me until I have it completely paid off. Don't get me wrong; I am not hard up for the money as I have been blessed with building my own business now on almost twenty years.

It appears this card made its way out of the printing factory and not inserted into a pack of cigarettes. Here is a brief description of the card:

1) Hand Cut
2) Double Struck Caption
3) Misaligned Plate by a lot
4) Color Shift by a lot
5) Missing Color/Hands, Face/Fleshtone
6) Team Insignia on Uniform Double Struck
7) Severe Off-Register
8) Reverse is shifted a little
9) No paper loss

I am pretty certain that this card has not been scanned, emailed, taken a pic of because it fell down the inside of a filing cabinet along with some other T206for almost 40+ years. The filing cabinet had a mental base and there these cards rested for almost 40+ years.

The other T206 in the bottom of the cabinet are strange also and consist of two cards of Southern Leaguers with double struck upside down backs. I haven't counted them but there are probably about two dozen cards that have a uniqueness to them to show that they all came from the same collector.

I firmly believe that these T206 need to all stay together and be sold as one lot as they may unlock some T206 unknowns.

Now with this all put forth, I don't feel that it is appropriate to show a front/back scan or pic here. I say this keeping the new owner in mind. Possibly he/she would not want these T206 shown to the public for the time being until possibly all research has been thoroughly done on them.

I am thinking about buying a scanner tomorrow and will post one or two partial scans of the card to show all Net54er's that this all is not just fluff. I know that I can scan the league designation in the caption to show that it has been double struck. I want also to show how far off the misaligned plate/color shift is (it is way, way off) without giving too much away but again I must proceed with care as the new prospective owner may not want to let anyone know any details about the card(s) until all research can be done.