View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I think it looks fine, the size varies a lot with T206s so as others have said it's really about the edge and how it looks. I could tell better from a high resolution scan, 800-1200 dpi.

Besides the look of the edge itself, the edges on the front should have a slight downward curve, and the back should have a slight ridge. I was surprised to find with my own cards that those features remained even when the card was very worn. Only a few I have with FAR more wear have lost that shape to the edge. It's caused by the blade pushing its way through the cardstock. A very sharp blade usually leaves less of it, but a perfectly crisp edge is almost always trimmed.

Steve B
Steve thats interesting to me. How many sheets would they typically cut through at one time and once they were reduced to strips how did they hold the stack of strips securely to cut them to single cards? Did they use a jig with two side walls that the strips were fed through so the strips could not move from side to side and splay out when the singles were being cut?